Greetings Spanish Lime Families,
February was filled with new friendships, lots of history, and storytelling. On February 16th we celebrated Friendship Day with our Toddler community. The elementary students received pictures of the toddlers and created a photo album of the toddlers with a caption. The toddlers prepared us a homemade sugar scrub! We united during toddler circle time and exchanged gifts, recited a poem for peace, and joined in on the daily toddler dance party!
The SOS Foundation will be joining us bimonthly to teach nutrition education, prepare meals and will be working on a tower garden.
The circus is coming, the circus is coming! A new family has joined the Children’s School Community and has offered a Circus Enrichment Program. This will be every Monday for the next several weeks in lieu of Physical Education. Thank you Tammy for the donation of tennis balls so the children can make their own juggling balls! We are also looking for a couple of extra tumbling mats to borrow if you have one or two please let us know. Unicycle anyone?
Important dates to mark on your calendar:
· March 5th-9th is literacy week book exchange. Bring a book – take a book. Located on front playground.
· March 5th-9th Lower Elementary Testing Week.
· March 23rd is a professional day, no childcare. Teachers are heading to Colorado for the annual American Montessori Conference.
· April 13th starting at 2:30 is this year’s second Student Led Conference.
· April 16th is a professional day and is used for all day parent teacher conferencing. Childcare will only be available for conference drop off times.
The Spanish Limes have been reading about the Story of the World and Ancient Civilization. We will continue reading this story for the remainder of March. Keep an eye out for weekly unit study recap, pictures, and video presentations.